Flat panel and touchscreen technologies have made huge advances in the past 10-15 years resulting in better quality products with lower costs and more efficient technologies. Initially used primarily on laptops and in medical and industrial devices, flat panels and touchscreens now permeate our everyday lives. People are much more comfortable with this technology and usage in both the commercial and industrial space has increased exponentially.
Based on your immediate elements [amount of light, water, debris, insects] along with temperature extremes that might be problematic for some solutions, you can easily select one or more of these technologies to meet your specifications and requirements no matter your industrial environment.
- Resistive – The most commonly used touchscreen technology in the industrial space.
- Capacitive – The advantage of great clarity over resistive touchscreens.
- Infrared – A good technology for environments that can be tightly controlled.
- Projected Capacitive – The advantage of a multi-touch interface.
- Surface Acoustic Wave – Great screen clarity for dry, clean environments.
For more information about these technologies, download our free guide “Five Display and Touchscreen Technologies to Consider for Industrial Application”.