- Several models are corrosion resistant provided by aluminum-alloy housing.
- This allows for outdoor and indoor use. For outdoor use, we can include a sunlight readable LCD color display with resistive-touch technology. (Related: View our product the DisplayPAC-RPP).
- Resistive-touch technology means the touchscreen will work for users wearing gloves.
- It also means that the front surface of the screen is made of a Mylar layer that won’t shatter or chip like glass.
- Note: If you have a "no glass exposed" policy, a resistive touchscreen computer may be the ideal solution for your industry.
- Many industrial computers are tested IP65-compliant. (Related: View our product the DisplayPAC-PCAP).
- This means no dust, regardless of the size of the particle, can penetrate the housing and there is limited penetration against ingress of sprayed water. Learn more about IP Ratings on our blog.
- Solid State Drive (SSD) options in which SSD devices are used in place of rotating hard drives. SSDs work just like standard hard drives, but have no moving parts. These solutions provide excellent durability and longevity, helping to protect against vibration and shock that’s commonly unavoidable in a number of industrial, military and marine industries.
Learn more about how you can obtain rugged, long-lasting multi-touch and resistive touchscreen computers that will last in the harsh environment you work in by viewing our complete list of industrial computers that can withstand the harshest environments.